ACM Europe Council
About the ACM Europe Council
The ACM Europe Council was created by ACM to recognize and support European ACM members and activities.
The ACM Europe Council aims to increase the level and visibility of ACM activities across Europe. The Council is comprised of European computer scientists committed to fostering the visibility and relevance of ACM in Europe, and is focused on a wide range of European ACM activities, from high-quality ACM conferences in Eudsrope, to expanding ACM chapters, to encouraging greater participation of Europeans in all dimensions of ACM.
Goals of the Council
- Join with other computing and scientific organizations in Europe to offer new programs and activities
- Encourage nominations of ACM European members for the advanced member grades of Senior Member, Distinguished Member, and Fellow
- Work with ACM SIGs to increase the number of ACM conferences in Europe
- Increase the number of ACM chapters and level of chapter activity in Europe
- Chair: Chris Hankin, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, United Kingdom | DL Author profile
- Vice Chair: Judith Gal-Ezer, The Open University of Israel, Israel | DL Author profile
- Secretary: Joaquim Jorge, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal | DL Author profile
- Treasurer: Panagiota Fatourou, University of Crete & ICS FORTH, Greece | DL Author profile
- Past Chair: Wendy Hall, University of Southampton, UK | DL Author profile
- Hervé Bourlard, Idiap Research Institute, Martigny, Switzerland | DL Author profile
- Tom Crick, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK | DL Author profile
- Michel Yves Cosnard, INRIA, France | DL Author profile
- Oliver Grau, Intel, Saarbruecken, Germany | DL Author profile
- Yannis Ioannidis, University of Athens, Greece | DL Author profile
- Valerie Issarny, Inria Paris, France | DL Author profile
- Natasa Milic-Frayling, University of Nottingham, UK | DL Author profile
- Enrico Nardelli, Università di Roma "Tor Vergata," Italy | DL Author profile
- Chiara Petrioli, Universitá di Roma "La Sapienza", Italy | DL Author profile
- Harald St?rrle, QAware GmbH, Munich, Germany | DL Author profile
- Mateo Valero, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain | DL Author profile
Informatics Europe Representative: Lynda Hardman, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, The Netherlands
Joint Society Member Discounts
For more information on ACM Europe contact: [email protected]
The ACM Europe Public Policy Committee (EUACM) promotes dialogue and the exchange of ideas on technology and computing policy issues with the European Commission, member states' governmental bodies, and the informatics and computing communities.
The inaugural ACM Europe Conference was a truly international event, bringing together computer scientists and practitioners from around the world. 2012 ACM Turing Award laureate Silvio Micali and ACM Fellow, Athena Lecturer and ACM-IEEE CS Ken Kennedy Award recipient Katherine Yelick gave talks. Two tracks addressed High Performance Computing and Cybersecurity issues. Watch highlights on video and view a photo album.